It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [REVIEW] Mordax - Slaughter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

Mordax - Slaughter [Self-published 2010]

I was quite hooked on Mordax in the spring when they sent me their 2 track promo - consisting of some really well performed death-thrash - I soon begged to hear more from them and it didn’t take them long to get a mini album recorded and put out, and now they’ll finally get to read my words about it.

As written, the band delivers death-thrash straight to the point. This recording oozes of nostalgia and energy. We are getting some great guitar, intense riffing and blistering leadwork. The rhythm patterns are simple and straight ahead, they pace the music forward and contains a lot of energy. The vocals are possesed and backed up here and there by the whole gang, a nice touch.

The guys have good ears for writing flowing and catchy songs that thrashes along the highway, dynamic and hardhitting, just as I like it! The more classic thrash is seasoned with some brutality and sheer heavyness, which adds to the dynamics and energy.

The quite thin and rehearsal-like sound does also fit the music and the style quite well, though it could be great to hear the music boosted with a full powered production!

We’ll hopefully hear more to Mordax along the way, and hopefully soon, as I can’t be the only one in need of a weekly Mordax fix!

http://www.myspace.com/mordaxdk

Kindly supplied by Mordax

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Pain is weakness leaving the body!!!
MAKE MY DAY... GO AHEAD AND DIE!!!
No fun, no core, no mosh, no trends!